CHECK OUT OUR STAFF!
WE HAVE AN AWESOME STAFF AT GYMNASTI! THEY ARE A HIGHLY ACCOMPLISHED AND SUCCESSFUL GROUP OF COACHES WHO LOVE TO TEACH GYMNASTICS! A LITTLE BIT ABOUT US…
RON NASTI-HEAD TEAM COACH/OWNER
GymNasti is owned and operated by former USA National Team Member Ron Nasti. Ron recently received the 2019 Lifetime Achievement Award for all of his years of Gymnastics accomplishments as a gymnast, coach and current board member. He is truly an inpiration for many in the sport of gymnastics.
Ron is the current Elite Chairman for the Illinois state Board of directors.
Some of his additional accomplishments include:
- Coaching many girls through the Elite level and attending elite training camps as well as competitions
- Training girls to the collegiate Levels with college scholarships awarded
- Training Girls to the State, Regional and National Levels
- Placing gymnasts yearly in State, Regional, and National competitions
- 1999 recipient of the “Best Coach” awar
- Listing in the 2000 edition of “Who’s Who Among American Teachers”
- 2 time NCAA All American in Floor Exercise
- 2 time Member of the United States Men’s Gymnastics Team
- Competed for USA in Bulgaria, Argentina and Brazil
- Big Ten Champion in Floor Exercise
- 3rd place in Floor Exercise at the Worlds Sports Fair in Tokyo, Japan
- 3 time IHSA State Champion and Outstanding Senior Award at the University of Iowa
LAURA JULIEN- GIRLS TEAM COACH
Laura believes that gymnastics inspires not only the mind and body but also the soul and the work ethic, focus, and discipline developed in the sport can be carried through life in school, problem solving, and team projects. She feels that the best athletes in this sport are the ones who never give up and any amount of hard work is the key to success. She gives great attention to the small details as well as the bigger picture and looks at the whole product as a combination of strong mental training combined with a strong body physically. Her coaching style has influenced many of Gymnasti’s team gymnasts and has brought them to success!
16 Years of coaching experience coaching Elites, USAG teams, as well as recreational gymnastics
18 years as a competitive gymnast
Recieved a full scholarship to Central Michigan University for gymnastics
8 time Kansas State Champion from level 7-Level 10
5 time Region 3 Qualifier
2005 Region 3 Uneven Bars and All Around Champion
4 Time Junior Olympic National Qualifer
2 Time NCAA Regional Qualifier with Mid-American Conference Honors
Her Favorite even to coach is Uneven Bars and Floor
GENNA O’CONNOR- GIRLS TEAM/GIJO COACH
Genna believes that teaching this younger generation of gymnasts not only gymnastics, but life skills that they will use throughout their life is definitely the most rewarding part of coaching. As a coach she loves creating special bonds with these athletes while helping them to realize their true potential.
9 years coaching recreational gymnastics, USAG team as well as Head coach to GIJO program
17 years as a competitive gymnast
Competed through Level 10 as a gymnast
Many years as a State and Regional Qualifier
Her favorite event to coach is floor exercise!! Watching an athlete portray a roll in their dancing while ececuting ridiculously hard tumbling is a rush of emotions! Love it!!